IKOR realizes that helping a client with financial advocacy may be even more delicate than assisting with medical advocacy.
- Routine Bill Pay – IKOR assures that all appropriate bills are being paid on a routine basis, avoiding late charges or the interruption of service. We review medical bills before payment to assure that all insurance reimbursements are obtained and only valid bills are paid by the client’s funds. When needed, IKOR can also assist in organizing outside services such as electricians, plumbers, lawn service and roofers, ensuring that prices, certifications and insurances have been vetted. This can support the client, assuring them that they are receiving the required services, at the right price, with the best provider.
- Light Forensic Accounting – Occasionally situations require the IKOR Advocate to assist in organizing, reviewing and securing assets. We have had numerous situations of locating money, antiques and other valuables that added to the funds needed for care, and in each case no one knew those valuables existed. In one such case, IKOR uncovered over $4 million of assets for a client that would have otherwise been lost.
- Personal Rights Protection – Protecting our client’s personal rights is an important part of what defines IKOR. We offer personal rights protection in the following ways:
- Power of Attorney – Through functioning as the client’s Power of Attorney (POA), we are bound by ethics and legal commitments to honor the wishes of our client in every aspect of their life. We act on the client’s behalf in issues of the person, such as healthcare decisions, living arrangements and end-of-life paths.
- Agent for Power of Attorney – IKOR can act in the capacity of an agent for a professional or family customer who is the POA – ask us how!
- Guardian of Estate – For the clients without a POA, when they can no longer make decisions for themselves, a Guardian is often appointed by the courts. IKOR policies follow the Guidelines of the National Guardianship Association. IKOR has more Nationally Certified Guardians than any other organization, and our offices are insured through Lloyds of London for these services.
- Agent of Guardian of Estate – If you are a guardian or conservator, we can bring the strength of the IKOR Approach by acting as your agent, ensuring that the best decisions are being made for the ward.